Sunday, October 12, 2014

Disney's effect on childhood

A couple weeks ago, my mom sent me all of my Winnie the Pooh books in the mail that I loved when I was a kid.  Immediately I knew that she was missing me, and also wishing I was back to being a little kid again.  The Winnie the Pooh books were always my favorite, so receiving them in the mail automatically brought a smile to my face.  This feeling took me away from being an overly stressed college kid, and back to a carefree child. Disney offers a sense of youth and childhood to many throughout their entire lives.  The memories that Disney books and movies bring back are forever in the minds of many.  And on the other side, my mom also created memories by reading those stories to me when I was young.  The impact that Disney has had on my childhood never seizes to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment